Supporting walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I need some advice.

I am building a small office inside a warehouse. The of the walls are existing brick and the other two will be timber made from 2x4 posts ideally. I will be using 8x2 beams to span the front to back and checked the weight and gaps between these which will be around 500mm centers.

My question is I would like the roof to be supporting in that I will need to be able to walk on it and for it to support objects much like a house. My question is will the timber wall made of 4x2 be able to support this? Also, my plan was to add a 8x2 across the back brick wall where the roof would sit onto and then use large screws to hold the beam to the wall as well as place supporting prop beams under it, again 4x2.

Does this all sound okay or would the timber front wall not support the roof and the weight of a normal house object load, i.e 3-4 people, wardrobes, bed etc.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sponsored Links
and for it to support objects much like a house
To support a house you will need steelwork. Would a house even fit in the unit? Should be a bungalow instead?

Is this set up for modern day slaves to watch over the cannabis crop?

Many houses today are constructed with load-bearing inner skins of timber studwork.

Sponsored Links
Back