Suprima 50 keeps needing reset

Hi chaps, I'm looking at the refurb off fleabay for £37 :eek: It has a year guarantee so even if 5 go its less than the new part. Mine lasted 10 years ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi chaps, I'm looking at the refurb off fleabay for £37 :eek: It has a year guarantee so even if 5 go its less than the new part. Mine lasted 10 years ;)

depends on whether the hassle of potentially having to repair it 5 times is worth it, i wouldnt say so but its your boiler. :D

Alright then wot about deposit that have formed and removing them. causes fan to stick etc.

explain.

never seen this in almost a million suprimas ive worked on. (that was an exaggeration but pretty close to the real number :D )

Wd is just on impeller to keep it spinning easliy.

you mean the bearings i assume? ive never found WD or the like to be very effective for fan bearings. it dries out too quickly.

Wot about removing your flue hood etc and inspecting all the seals etc.

you are either misguided, incompetent or just wasting customers time. its people like you that pull boilers apart every year that makes them into the sheds they sometimes end up as.

My point is your on an open forum an tellin cusomers that we don't actually do anything on these boilers when we supposedly service em

no i was asking what kevindgas and latterly yourself thought a suprima service should consist of. kevin hasnt answered, you seem to think it means taking the whole thing apart.

Yeh there are a piece of p**s to work on but theres a bit more to it than just turning up an sticking a hoover in it.

i agree but not much more.

A suprima service will take 20mins from isolation to finishing your tea!

That includes cleaning the heat exchanger (from the top) and washing the burner through.

I've done 1,000,001............. no really

Sponsored Links
Update: fitted the refurb part - takes 5 minutes! Not sure I'm in the wrong game though - check out the ebay shop, he's doing almost a 1000 units a year at £50 a pop, and with no cost but the time to resolder :eek:

... what would mr taxman say, or do they declare their ebay business?

Cheers!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back