Suprima 50 pcb replacement Completed but !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once again a big thanks to everyone who gave me tips on the job. Ollski great tip not to remove the fan. The instructions tell you to remove it but the kit doesnt have a replacement gasket.

Just a couple of things : when i disconnected the themistor it came out of the fitting and appears to be just a push fit. is this correct.

Because its supposed to be almost summer i have turned the boiler stat down to about 1/3 but the rads seem to be just as hot es usual.

Any ideas?

Is it something ive done?

Sponsored Links
The temperature may be because of the thermister!

Its not a very good idea in my view but the thermister is actually the real electronic component which is very delicate and not suitable for heavy handed fitting by "plumbers".

It should be fitted in place using its plastic clip but the "hole" where the element sticks into should be filled with heat transfer paste as sold for electronic component use ( particularly for mounting power semiconductors ).

Replacing the thermister should include replemishing the transfer paste! If you did not do this then your thermister may not be accurately representing the flow temperature out of the boiler!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back