Suprima 50L - Won't fire-up after being off for 1 month

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've got a Suprima 50L which was Installed in 2006 and and been running perfectly until recently.

I turned the boiler off whilst I had some work done on the central heating... a new radiator fitted during our ensuite installation. (Up until I turned the boiler off it was working perfectly).

At the weekend I refilled the central heating system, added inhibitor and bled all the radiators.

I then turned the boiler on, and it begins it start up sequence and then just starts flashing red at me. I've tried pressing the reset button (holding for 10 secs as per the manual) but it doesn't seem to reset.

Have I missed a stage out after refilling the central heating system? Can't see why something that was working fine 1 month ago, is now not working when I turn it on?

TIA

Darren

Sponsored Links
Some had a flow switch IIRC. Does the pump run when you create a call for heat?

Some had a flow switch IIRC. Does the pump run when you create a call for heat?

When a call is made the pump starts to make a noise... But I'm not sure if that means it running. I'm a newbie to all this so not sure what sort of sound the pump should make.

According to the manual the flashing red light indicatea a flow swith or APS switch fault.

When it says "switch" does that imply there is a physical switch I need to press?

Sponsored Links
As far as I can recall any boiler fitted in 2006 should have been condensing.

See the FAQ for details of testing the pump.

There are all sorts of possibilities for the boiler not working now.

But you can check the pump first. Most of the other aspects will need a gas registered person.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back