suprima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone, have a problem with a heating system at the moment, the boilers a suprima 50L about 2 yrs old fitted on a Y plan system. got a call to say the heating was staying on after the room stat was turned down and not comin on when the stat is turned up. when i arrived went through the basic checks and it seemed alright until i turned the hot water off at the programmer (old mechanical timeswitch),when i checked the heating, the room stat was fine, 3 port motoring and switching fine, boiler firing ok. the problem was when i switched the programmer on to hot water constant aswell as heating, the 3 port made a buzzing sound and the boiler switches off. after a while of nothing the orange led comes on which means no external call for heat, although the room stat is still calling! it stays like this until i turn off the hot water at programmer and the boiler fires up again.
what i am asking is, is this a pcb problem which is intermitent? it doesnt happen every time.
or a fault with external controls?
by the way the system is wired through a honeywell wiring board which is years old. can these cause faults?
would be gratefull for any ideas, thank you.

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the microswitch in the 3 port valve head. Fit new head ;)

ok thanks, am still confused as to why during the fault the boiler is receiving a switched live from valve, but is not responding to it until i switch the hot water off at programmer. then fires up as normal for heating.

Sponsored Links
Programmer is wired with DHW off and DHW on, live supply and heating on live supply. It sounds as if the valve is not responding to signal when DHW on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back