surely this is not right !!

I think we have strayed from the issue a bit. No Daffy this is not acceptable and is very bad working practice.

Get in touch with the authority as soon as and mention notifying the health and safety executive , see how fast they move then.

Sponsored Links
Ok fair comment.

I wouldnt leave them hanging but i do often when wiring kitchens just leave the screws in a few turns so the fitters can tile behind.

Better that you fix them back properly and then it is the tilers responsibility to ensure they work safely when tiling around the sockets.I know some numpty tilers will tile up to the sockets rather than behind, but I would rather risk that than an injured tiler saying it was my fault he had a belt!

You'd think it was the tilers responsibility but when I used to be a subbie to Gateshead housing I once got a call out to fix accessory's back to the wall that the tiler had left loose (hadn't cut extension bolts we supplied them with down and had snapped a few in the back box trying to screw them in without cutting them to length first :rolleyes: ) this was at 9 on a friday night and I live in Teesside over 41 miles away :evil:

So the tiler wasn`t Part P registered then ? LOL

Seriously, no way the installation should have been left like that.
Report them immediately, supposedly Part P was meant to stop this kind of thing.

energising a circuit should be the last thing a sparks does.this includes screwing back accessories.
no question,no exceptions

Sponsored Links
A hat load of thanx to all who replied.
Just to let you know...
One mention of the health and safety and all hell broke loose.. uncle tom cobley and all came along even the mysterious site foremen arrived and all was rectified in less than an hour. along with promises that a job that was estimated to take two weeks and was two weeks overdue now has a new estimated finish time of one week!

Even the extractor that was obviously for display purposes only, now comes on when the light is switched on.

A big Yeeee Haaaaaaa gimme some more beans !!! to the lads that came back to rectify the half done job.

A masive thanx to all on this site who as usual gave me prompt and accurate and common sense advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back