Surround for copper tailers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

We've just put in laminate flooring on top of original flooring (not really any other opton).

My FiL put what you can see in the pics - I don't think it's a great idea personally as already bumped it with the hoover and worried about it damaging the cooper rad tailings and possible leak downstairs (this has already happened with a different job by a plumber).

Anyone got any other bright ideas other than those cheap plastic things we also have in bathroom for instance?....painting insulation perhaps so doesn't look so obvious similar colour to the floor?

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_163656.jpg
    IMG_20220930_163656.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220930_163658.jpg
    IMG_20220930_163658.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220930_163645.jpg
    IMG_20220930_163645.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220930_163640.jpg
    IMG_20220930_163640.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
No offence but that is a crap job around the pipes!
There are more slimline pipe surrounds available that are less liable to knocks.
i don’t know if you could get away with some filler and colourfill type tint?
you need to ensure a gap around the pipe for expansion.

No offence but that is a crap job around the pipes!
There are more slimline pipe surrounds available that are less liable to knocks.
i don’t know if you could get away with some filler and colourfill type tint?
you need to ensure a gap around the pipe for expansion.
I know. I've already mentioned but I'm not allowed to say anything as would've done it totally different myself. I'm not happy with other things but, again, can't say anything and I'm not permitted to do it as was their 'project'. Rant over.

I'll have a look at what you mentioned. Let's just say I ain't happy! Thanks mate.

Do you have any offcuts?
you might be able to use a dremel or multi tool to cut an area around the pipes.?
Then use the offcuts to make a matching patch that could slip in?

Sponsored Links
Yes. Have both of those tools actually. I need my inlaws out as I have a LOT to rectify with other things around the flat. I've currently just put some styrofoam cut to size around the tailings and painted it brown. Certainly looks better and pretty much camouflaged. Heating is off atm so just a short term thing.

If the flooring was neatly cut round the pipes, there wouldn't be any need for the chunky pipe surrounds.

If the flooring was neatly cut round the pipes, there wouldn't be any need for the chunky pipe surrounds.
Indeed. I've put styrofoam with a few mm around pipe, painted similar to floor.

Is this ok without worry due to expansion? TIA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back