survey shows a problem with roof-Need a roofer to inspect

A

armour

Hi all, I'm buying a house and the survey says that there's a slight dip in the roof which may have been caused by a "heavier" roof having been put on without the structure being strengthened. I guess I need an expert to investigate. How do I go about finding one? I live in London SE25.
Any input appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Very probably the re- roof is the cause . You need a Carpenter. " "Roofers" are notorious for being Itinerant caravan dwellers :evil: and they generally do the outsides ;) How do you find a skilled carpenter in Croydon - That`s another question.

A lot of slate roofs in the London area have been replaced with much heavier concrete tiles.

A structural engineer may need to advise or a competent roofer.

The problem of sag may never be fully alleviated as the timber may be bent to shape. I am thinking a hip roof no?

Sponsored Links
What road? Street number? Am popping to Addiscombe later, might drive past it. Terraced house by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back