Surveyor said "major problems" - subsidence potentially. Views??

Worst thing that the OP could do would be to listen to your post - eg.your £300(?) estimate immediately turning into an £1800 actual cost.

How do you know that a general builder "is not a qualified person to comment on" the kind of work that they do for a living?
And how do you know that the above job is"something outside their expertise"?

I know a contractor whose small firm has done nothing but subsidence work for the last 40 years - he'd be very surprised to know that he doesn't know what he's doing?.

By your line of reasoning most every BCO would be barred from giving opinions on the work carried out on behalf of SE's & RICS's - Why? Because the BCO's typically have only practical experience, & are not "qualified".

Sponsored Links
Who are the "we"?
Are you incapable of standing on your own two feet - or perhaps, although I think I've mentioned this before, you identify yourself with the Queen or the Pope?
Be a man and speak for yourself

Once again, as soon as you are challenged you drop the technical argument, and attempt to attack the man to cover your smug ignorance.

You really cant bear being challenged can you?

Sponsored Links
We are though:ROFLMAO: We haven't read so much Bull since the last Papal Bull (April 2015) AAMOI you constantly mention the same insults, I hope your buildings knowledge isn't so limited. Something is limiting your mind.

Last edited:
Bit late to the party but it does look like the right hand pier of brickwork has dropped and from close up photos appears to be progressive as previous repairs have cracked.

Rather suspicious that there is a rainwater downpipe and waste pipe coming down that pier so my money would be on a leaking drain causing localised subsidence. Get the drain inspected/tested and engage a structural engineer to report on the structural movement/cracking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back