suspect asbestos flue removal advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a redundant flue on the back of my house and I need it removed to make room for a car port. I suspect it may contain asbestos I have contacted my local council who say the outer casing will probably be asbestos but the low category one that can be removed by myself waring a mask and just double bagged and taken to the tip.

I thought inside the casing it would just be a metal flue that could easily be removed now today after looking at the top for the first time I see this concreate looking stuff I'm not so sure if that is asbestos as well so I daren't do anything with it till I know.

looking at the pictures does anyone know what kind of asbestos this is? is it safe to remove myself or do I need a professional?
flue.jpg
flue top.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's all low grade asbestos cement, as per the council's comment. Do as they say and carefully dismantle and take to the tip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back