Asbestos advice

Sponsored Links
Tell me boxter, how do you find the time to do such a two bit occupation like gas boiler servicing where you get a miserly £176,000 a year and yet you appear to be coining it with the asbestos removal business to the extent you pay £millions in insurance premiums?

I have several artex ceilings to plaster, can anyone tell me if its a risk to chisel off the "high bits" before plastering the ceilings as some dust is produced when doing so. Also some will need plasterboarding which will involve drilling through the ceilings to locate the joists, this will produce a lot of dust.
I have heard pre 1978 artex contains asbestos and also that the local council will sample the artex for asbestos to give you a risk report.

Sponsored Links
You can get some stuff which dissolves Artex - slap it on, leave it for a while (or possibly ovenight), and then scrape off the gunk. Might be safer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back