Suspect Motorised Valve on Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
When turning my hot water on, i notice the radiators also get heat.
I've checked my system and i believe it is an S Plan system as i have 2 2-port motorised valves, one for water and one for heat.

When my programmer calls for heat or water i can hear the noise from the motors and the manual lever loosens so i believe the head of valve is working (?).

I did notice when calling for water only that both sides of the motorised valve for heating got hot so it seems the heating valve is maybe stuck open.

Are my suspicions correct or is there anything else i should be checking.

Is this a simple fix if the valve is stuck open? Do i need to replace the complete valve or is there another way to tackle it?

Many thanks!

Kevin

Sponsored Links
The make of valves are honeywell. Will try and find the model but attaching pictures here also.
Thanks

Picture here showing both valves

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_221441__01.jpg
    IMG_20181115_221441__01.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
Does the heating valve appear to open and close when heating is turned on and off? When off and closed the little manual lever on the valve should have resistance. It will be free when the valve is open.

if the ch 2port isn’t motoring across then valve itself may be passing. The whole valve body can be replaced or you can get service kits for changing internals only. They can wear down over time or get muck preventing them closing properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back