Suspended ceiling help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit the above in a Victorian style upvc conservatory.
The area is just under 10m2 ie 3.435m x 2.840m.
The shorter figure is the wall that has the front corners cut off if you know what I mean ie the victorian bit.
I have obtained all the bits to build and hang the grid plus the tiles from Minster, using their grid calculator for 10m2 I have
3 main runners @ 3700mm, 14 cross tee @1200mm, 14 cross tee@600mm,
perimeter trim, 28 600x600 tiles + hanger brackets and wire.
I have fitted the perimeter trim without too much trouble, what I cannot get my head around is wear I place the 1200 cross tee and then the 600 tee.
I thought I would run the three main runners on the 2.8 length to make it easier to fit the tiles around the victorian bit.
If anyone has access to the Minster calculator book its page 75 usg grid calculator.
I am pulling my hair out and getting no where.
Please help an oap.

Sponsored Links
What exactly is your problem?

You will have cutting no matter what.

You could have a faff about on a scale drawing first i.e. draw the connie to scale as a plan view then draw out a 600mm x 600mm grid on some tracing paper then overlay this grid onto your connie drawing.

You can then move the grid around so that you achieve optimum layout.

Or are you talking about how to actually assemble the components?

Thank you Noseall for your interest.

Its not putting the grid together and cutting that is my problem, having fitted the trim I cannot see how to get started incorperating the 1200mm sections and the three main rails ect.

Before I started I thought that all I would have is main rails and 600mm bits to fit the Minster book says that the components I have is correct but it does not give any instructions.

Minster are suppliers, what ceiling system are you are using. Gypsum MF? Or post a link to the 'Minster calculator', whatever that it.

Sponsored Links
Minster are suppliers, what ceiling system are you are using. Gypsum MF? Or post a link to the 'Minster calculator', whatever that it.

This is part of my problem as minster are trade and I am a diy guy they have no personal that know much about fitting but they were the only place I could find the components.

The brand on the box of 600 tees is OWA the rest came loose.

The minster guide book is their own ceilings product guide
www.minsteronline.co.uk.

The branch used page 75 USG grid calculator for dx324/dx15 grids.

Ok, is this a grid ceiling with ceiling tiles or a plasterboard ceiling system? Is the Minster calculator book online? Or are you saying you just have a photocopy of a page out of it.

Ok, is this a grid ceiling with ceiling tiles or a plasterboard ceiling system? Is the Minster calculator book online? Or are you saying you just have a photocopy of a page out of it.

Thank you for your help, I am happy to say the penny dropped this morning and the ceiling is now complete except for the part tiles that require cutting for the edges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back