Suzuki go-kart engine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A long shot I know, but here goes. My nephew has just bought a go-kart with an electronic ignition Suzuki v160 5.3hp engine, shown in the photo, to renovate for his sister. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a manual for this to help him or could anyone share one with me? Google search hasn't helped. Cheers
1bec0bc0-6636-4cae-b58c-eb9e1693a4f5.jpg

Sponsored Links
These are remarkably similar to the Honda GX160 engine......OHV, Keihin carburettor and wet sump.
They are pretty simple and reliable, usually with the fuel tank on top.
I don't have a manual, but can I be if any assistance at all?
John :)

These are remarkably similar to the Honda GX160 engine......OHV, Keihin carburettor and wet sump.
They are pretty simple and reliable, usually with the fuel tank on top.
I don't have a manual, but can I be if any assistance at all?
Thanks John, much appreciated. I've shared your message and if my nephew and his Dad do have any questions I'll post here. Thanks again, very kind gesture.:)

Sponsored Links
I think the real issues with this sort of project are:
Converting the end of the crankshaft to take a chain drive; (there's no clutch)
Connecting the throttle mechanism - this engine has a governor to give a maximum speed of 3600 RPM and wouldn't like to rev much quicker than that.......often there is a lever on the engine top to set it's speed - unless it's been on a generator of course when it's speed is pre-set.
We'll see if Beverly posts back.

I think the real issues with this sort of project are:
Converting the end of the crankshaft to take a chain drive; (there's no clutch)
Connecting the throttle mechanism - this engine has a governor to give a maximum speed of 3600 RPM and wouldn't like to rev much quicker than that.......often there is a lever on the engine top to set it's speed - unless it's been on a generator of course when it's speed is pre-set.
We'll see if Beverly posts back.
Thank you Burnerman, I'll update if my nephew runs into any problems, but he and his Dad are grateful for all of the support that's been provided here. Thanks!

A great project and we wish it every success!
Sometimes an easier route is to use a motorbike engine, where you get chain drive, automatic or manual transmission with a clutch and easier throttle management all thrown in.
Anyhooooo - oil is 10/40 semi synthetic, plug is an NGK BPR6ES - not much more of relevance really!
I'm sure we would appreciate any updates!

Sponsored Links
Back