SW London Plumber/Boiler Engineer Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a good plumber/engineer that wont cost the earth in the SW london area (Vauxhall/Stockwell).

Vaillant Turbomax VUW 242E, 282E (one or tother)
By the sounds of the helpful people here, it needs a diaphragm replaced.
Got heating but no hotwater.

Can anyone help.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thats probably whats failed.

We would only replace the whole diverter valve otherwise we would get called back when the rest of it started leaking or fails. By the time the diaphragm has failed its usually 6-8 years old.

We would charge £84 plus £94 for the whole valve but we dont go South of the River because we dont have the visa in our passport to go to that country.

I wonder how much "the earth" costs?

Tony

well thats helpful.
Labourers are overpaid.
Education/Univercity seems to be a waste of time and money.
Thats why i'm "on the wrong side of the river" and you're on the "right side of the river".
Think i'll join my little brother & become a brick-layer

Sponsored Links
A university education helps you to find out where to get information particularly when tutors dont seem to know very much!

Try looking in his profile as a good place to start!

If you want help it helps you to be polite, not rude and condescending :rolleyes:

MOD 2

the post preceeding this has been removed

Have been asked to quote on a job in central london (shaftesbury avenue). Sounds relatively straightforward, replacement direct megaflow and electric boiler to replace unreliable setup. The location sounds a bit of a nightmare though with no daytime parking. I reckon around 4 or 5 working days so would you add onto the quote to allow for central london working? h

I dont know what that is to do with a Turbomax but we try not to enter the charging zones by vehicle.

We charge about 20% more and would aim to deliver materials and tools the evening before and then go to site on the tube/bus ( or PT as we call it ).

However I saw an invoice for a boiler repair at Oxford circus with SIX hours at only £15 per hour and £7 for the PRV they fitted. No CC and no parking costs and that was from a legitimate Limited Company.

Tony

Agile said:
I dont know what that is to do with a Turbomax but we try not to enter the charging zones by vehicle.

We charge about 20% more and would aim to deliver materials and tools the evening before and then go to site on the tube/bus ( or PT as we call it ).
Tony

On a 4 day job I reckon I would have to unload all the tools and leave the van in the nearest NCP and add that cost to the job. I think id have to charge more like £65+vat an hour to make it worthwhile.

well thats helpful.
Labourers are overpaid.
Thats why i'm "on the wrong side of the river" and you're on the "right side of the river".
Are you suggesting a labourer could mend your boiler? If so, don't be silly. :rolleyes:

We would do it for £35 and £40 for the part but don't cover your patch either.....

ChrisR said:
Labourers are overpaid.

Do you think that she was suggesting that people who repair boilers are "labourers"?

The wide range of different expertises involved are likely to be beyond the work experiences of most labourers!

Do you think that she was suggesting that people who repair boilers are "labourers"?
Yes.

The wide range of different expertises involved are likely to be beyond the work experiences of most labourers!
I realise that - the epithet "Don't be silly" was a bit of a clue.

katipo74 said:
well thats helpful.
Labourers are overpaid.

i wonder if they taught you to spell in university :LOL:

Hi,

We are also currently trying to find a reliable plumber/installer who would accept a job in SW17.

We are currently looking into replacing our central heating system (boiler + cylinder) and are at the moment tending for a vaillant only option (Vaillant ExoTec plus boiler + Vaillant Unistore cylinder and VR65 control)

Anyone here or anyone who knows knows someone?

Thanks,

Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back