SWA stripper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried one of those Kewtechnik SWA armour strippers? Did you find them as ****e as I did.

Sponsored Links
I have one here, still in the packet. Not expecting anything much really.
I doubt the junior hacksaw and stanley knife are going to be redundant just yet.

I'm glad I didn't buy one then! I was tempted every time I walked into CEF. I'll stick to my 18v grinder and knife...

jaws2.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think they're fantastic. Much easier and tidier than a hacksaw, you do still need the knife though.

Thing is, I don't find using a junior hacksaw difficult and every gland I make off is tidy ;)

I'm not sure what it can add, hence it's still in its packet.

It seems alright to me, i probably wouldnt have bought one with my own money but was at companies expense so what the heck, 18 quid i think it was with a pack of 3 spare blades.
I tend to still use the hacksaw as the stripping tool is always down in the depths of my tool box and cant be bothered diggging :LOL:

Must tidy that tool box out one day.........

Thing is, I don't find using a junior hacksaw difficult and every gland I make off is tidy ;)

I'm not sure what it can add, hence it's still in its packet.

Send it my way, i'll let you know how much you didn't need it ;)

Nah. Seen too many fantastical new inventions that solve nothing.

Have about £200 worth of cable rods and attachments. When all's said and done, they don't really offer that much more than ye olde fish wire. Except for that nagging feeling that one day you'll find a live terminal with your steel rod, and then you'll be sorry :LOL:

Hmm, they're more or less an old fashoned pipe-slice aren't they? Rarely work with armoured so I'll only try a blade runner if I get a job doing a lot of it (more than 2 terminations for a shed supply or sub-main!).

I do find my cable rods usefull from time to time and am really getting my money's worth from my cable-stick at the moment, takes 2x 2.5 1x 6.0 and a roll of 10mm G&Y, how easy does that make life! (beats a broom handle through part of my step ladders like i used to do!)

SWA stripper, load of cack.

I've managed fine with a hacksaw and stanley knife for years

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Cable rods are a different matter. Well worth £100 for a decent set.

Cable rods are a different matter. Well worth £100 for a decent set.

Couldn't agree more with that, have you got a link to a £100 set though, I only paid £45 for my hellerman tyton one.

They dont need to be that heavy for data though.

http://www.super-rod.co.uk/

I have the super deluxe set which I can't seem to find on their website.

I have a fair few accesories too.

Yes, I have the exact same set.

So, I either got a bargain or i've forgotten how much I really paid for them :) im probably thinking of the price I told the missus :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back