Swan neck kitchen tap dripping - pictures now added

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to fix a dripping kitchen tap. I've removed the small coloured centre cover and the central screw, but can't see what to do next. Presumably I need to remove the large white plastic knob but don't know how to. Doesn't appear to be any more screws.

I have tried gently prizing the white plastic knob but it doesn't look like it will move.

Help please!

Sponsored Links
The handle will pull straight off.
probably just stuck on the splines.

Apologies, I hadn't added the photos correctly....now sorted.

Thanks for your reply.....I really have tried to prise off the white plastic knob (as hard as I dare) with a small lever but there seems to be no movement.

Any thoughts?

Have you got a new cartridge for it ?
You could remove the old one and soak in white vinegar it's more likely only limescale holding it on.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for appearing a fool, but can I take the cartridge off without removing the white plastic knob.

I haven't got a new cartridge yet, thinking that I'd need to take the old one into the shop to show them what I needed.

Much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Just looked at the tap again. The red part in the picture is a plastic cover which doesn't like it has a a thread. Nothing to get hold of to unscrew.

Also, the red collar can't be taken off as it is (I don't think) because the white plastic know is in the way.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back