swaped cylinder now water wont circulate ????

lorraine said:
Bahco - do you need a certificate to install an unvented cylinder?

Yes.

A cylinder of hot water at 2 bar plus is a potential time bomb. I'm glad the poster is not one of my neighbours. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
bmx said:
yep swaped it myself
Seriously, bmx, you could be setting yourself up for some nasty experiences. Like having your house blown to bits. Get the installation checked by someone who has the unvented qualification.

its just a matter of installing the relavent expansion vessel and pressure relieve valve I assume?

Bit more than that. Worth reading the Megaflo instructions, and Part G of the Bldg regs.
Nothing remotely difficult. But you need to be "competent" in the eyes of...

i came on here for a bit of advice, not a telling off. i fit unvented cylinders for work. ive had training from Andrews, actually came to our factory and did a full days session..you all jump to conclusions because i am new to the forum that ive just got a pipe slice and an adjustable spaner from B&Q and thought ill have a go at this myself. i found a problem i had never come accross before and thought someone on this forum may help.

Sponsored Links
sorry i think it was our shock that you didnt know you cant have a unvented cylinder on gravity circulation that made us come to these conclusions as anyone with very basic knowledge should know this :confused:

i think it makes it worse that you are fitting them in other peoples houses as well :cry:

For the benefit of those not in the know -

"In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages intended to cause a disruption in discourse. The word is also often used to describe such messages."

If it is, it's a rather subtle one.

But bmx, in your first post you said-

"is there a chance the system needs a better pump because the new cylinder has twice as much primary coil?"

Then it emerges that you aren't using a pump at all on the cylinder circulation. How do you explain that?

chrishutt said:
But bmx, in your first post you said-

"is there a chance the system needs a better pump because the new cylinder has twice as much primary coil?"

Then it emerges that you aren't using a pump at all on the cylinder circulation. How do you explain that?

better pump means , better than the one already fitted

So how can you have gravity circulation if you have a pump? Do you understand that gravity circulation is without a pump?

can it have a pump for the ch and gravity hw? but both use the same header tank?

Bahco said:
bmx said:
yep swaped it myself. there is no problem with the presurised side of things

I bet you do your own gas work too :rolleyes:

Get it checked properly for the sake of your family. :(
Yes you need a cert...costs £200.+ and notify Building control...cuz when you sell the house and the surveyor looks in the cyl. cupd. :!: :LOL: No I am not going to abuse you , just myself, on another siteXXX :eek:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thats Better You need to be fully pumped

ok, so i need to change the system to fully pumped. but basically, is it because of the different coil?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back