Swapping to new extractor fan (2 wires to 3)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm replacing a Manrose ID100s with a Manrose MF100T.

I currently have just a permanent live and Neutral wires available. I'm not fussed about the timer function.
I tried placing a wire loop between the LS and L but this didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks IMG_20230124_132737.jpgIMG_20230124_132253.jpg

Sponsored Links
I currently have just a permanent live and Neutral wires available.
That will be Switched Live and Neutral - otherwise you wouldn't be able to turn it off.

I'm not fussed about the timer function.
Ok.

I tried placing a wire loop between the LS and L but this didn't work. Any suggestions?
That should be ok.

I don't understand the picture of the isolator. What is it supposed to indicate?

Opened up the isolator, all cables still in place.

Does it matter what type of wire i use for the link, i just used a spare piece from a plug/cable?

Sponsored Links
No, the old two wired fan worked fine before i disconnected it. This made me think i messed up the wiring.

I've took the wires out and redone them but still the same.

if i get hold of a multimeter tomorrow, what would i be testing? thanks

Just wanted to check, my Switched Live goes to the LS on the fan? not the L on the fan

Test you have 240V between L & N.

If you messed up the wiring before perhaps you have blown something.

Ok will get a multimeter tonight and check. Thanks for the help.
If i have blown something then i presume the reading would be zero between L and N?

As I frequently say:

Many an hour is wasted on faulty new products.

Ok will get a multimeter tonight and check. Thanks for the help.
If i have blown something then i presume the reading would be zero between L and N?
Could be - but could still be 240V if, as I meant, you have blown something in the fan.

Is there anyway of knowing for definite if something is blown in the fan?

I took everything out and tried again, double checked the connections all looked good.
Borrowed neighbours multimeter, read 240v between L and N.

Bit stuck now, not sure if the fan ever worked in the first place, or did i mess it up some how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back