swimming pool boiler

Sponsored Links
kev, at last I've forced the web to take notice, so if you go to your messenger account you will find an email from oilburnerfixer. That's me.

:confused:
Going back to my question, can I use a standard oil fired combi boiler or is it best to use a system boiler with zone valves to control the swimming pool seperately.
Does the heating have to be on all the time to heat a swimming pool or does it only need to be on during its use.
What are the important factors I need to know about heating the pool, etc..
Does anyone know of any websites I can look at regarding design,etc..

cheers
paul

pauliepie said:
:confused:What are the important factors I need to know about heating the pool, etc..

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW.

You could easily use 200 gallons of oil in 6 weeks.

The boiler will be on for a very long time while you first heat the pool.

You will need to start heating days before you use it.

A combi boiler is not the best choice, and I would use a seperate boiler to heat the pool.

Sponsored Links
We need to know more about the pool etc.

Your best way is a standard large boiler, Boulter, Grants etc with a heat exchanger doing the pool water, in the region of 200000/400000 btus.

Will look up a few links for you later.

see pic, this installation would cost you depending on post code £250.000 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Imgp0402.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Do you have to have a seperate heat exchanger or can you heat the pool directly from a oil fired system boiler.
If a normal boiler is used, what does it connect into....

cheers

pauliepie said:
Thanks for the info.

Do you have to have a seperate heat exchanger or can you heat the pool directly from a oil fired system boiler.
If a normal boiler is used, what does it connect into....

cheers

You can have direct fired pool boilers, or you can use an heat exchanger.

Heat exchanger are more serviceable over a period of time whereas a system boiler without would last about 12 months.

Its very difficult without knowing any information and hopefully your installer will advice you on the best system for both jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back