Swine flu: panic grows

Sponsored Links
Pneumonia is caused as an after effect of the cytokine storm.

Mutley_laughing.gif

What I can't understand is why the police haven't all gone off sick? Don't pigs get swine flu? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Bacterial pneumonia is cuased by bacteria.

We all know that - but WHY does it attack people after they've had the flu? (Look up cytokine storm and learn something) :rolleyes:

Regardless joe, it does not change what i have said earlier, which is:

We will not see the fatalities of 1918 because of the availability of modern medicine. End of.

Regardless joe, it does not change what i have said earlier, which is:

We will not see the fatalities of 1918 because of the availability of modern medicine. End of.

In other words you don't know what you are talking about. The NHS is already at capacity yet will see 20 MILLION more cases over the winter. Where are the beds coming from to treat that lot? Or the antibiotics needed?
Go back to your fool's paradise.

If 20 million people were to become infected by the relatively mild swine flu joe, how many do you think will need hospital treatment?

They say that 1 in 200 will actually die so what do you think?

"At present, the government says 840 people are in hospital in England – 63 in intensive care. An estimated 100,000 people fell ill last week, double the previous week's total."

It's good to see you've something new to doom and gloom over Joe ... Makes a change from the lack of oil :LOL:

Look on the bright side ... There'll be more oil for those of us who survive!

MW

I've got it/had it. Glad I have. It'll come back with a vengeance in the winter.

Both of my children have had swine flu. The youngest was bad for 3-4 days but my eldest son was been extremely ill for almost three weeks. He had swine flu followed by pneumonia.

The worst part was knowing how ill he was and the authorities not giving a damn. He was seen twice by a locum GP who missed the initial swine flu and then refused to concede that there was a secondry lung infection. He kept saying "the lungs are clear". We took him to A&E because he was so ill (we phoned first and, although at first they didn't want us to come, they did relent and made special arrangements to see him.) He was prescibed a strong antibiotic as he was diagnosed with a lower lung infection. Despite the antibiotics he seemed to be getting worse.

We were so worried by this point that we paid for a private consultation with a respitory consultant. The locum GP, who we needed a referal letter from, said he didn't know why we had made the appointment as the lungs were clear. Within two hours of being seen he was diagnosed with......

pneumonia!

Thankfully my son is now over the worst of the infection.

I'm posting this so that if you have a child/loved one/friend who is ill then follow you gut instinct - you don't have to trust the 'expert'. There was a lovely nurse at A&E who spoke to my wife on the phone who summed it up - she said 'You're his mum, you know best'.

So be prepared to fight for what you know is right.

If you get swine flu and don't have really bad syptoms, spare a thought for those people who do, or who die - because as a parent I was s***ing myself.

Imagine it happening in mid winter when the virus is stronger after exchanging DNA with seasonal flu - or getting both at once. The hospitals will be overflowing and antibiotics in short supply. You should count yourself lucky. It could have been fatal.

Both of my children have had swine flu. The youngest was bad for 3-4 days but my eldest son was been extremely ill for almost three weeks. He had swine flu followed by pneumonia.

The worst part was knowing how ill he was and the authorities not giving a damn. He was seen twice by a locum GP who missed the initial swine flu and then refused to concede that there was a secondry lung infection. He kept saying "the lungs are clear". We took him to A&E because he was so ill (we phoned first and, although at first they didn't want us to come, they did relent and made special arrangements to see him.) He was prescibed a strong antibiotic as he was diagnosed with a lower lung infection. Despite the antibiotics he seemed to be getting worse.

We were so worried by this point that we paid for a private consultation with a respitory consultant. The locum GP, who we needed a referal letter from, said he didn't know why we had made the appointment as the lungs were clear. Within two hours of being seen he was diagnosed with......

pneumonia!

Thankfully my son is now over the worst of the infection.
Glad to hear he's getting better,perhaps the GP should be reported?

Sponsored Links
Back