swinging ?

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry; the topic you have selected, "capital punishment", is no longer available on this forum.

Please post your question on www.fascists-are-us.com, or hold for further assistance...

Sponsored Links
markie said:
should they bring back hanging ?

It's an interesting idea but I can't agree. Hanging worked well enough in its day but that was a long time ago and this is the twenty first century.There are far more efficient ways of executing convicted criminals.

And yet I cannot help but be amazed at some of the incredibly elaborate methods that have been devised to do the job. The USA must top the charts in this department: electric chair, gas chamber, lethal injection; I seem to remember somebody (Gary Gilmore wasn't it) who requested and got a firing squad - or is that a myth?

What is the point? A captive bolt to the back of the head straight through the brain stem works every time. You wouldn't even hear the thing go off.

PS: I'll answer some of the inevitable counter arguments in advance. The biggest single argument against capital punishment, and perhaps the only valid one, is that you can't undo mistakes. Agreed. The old rule "beyond reasonable doubt" isn't good enough. It must be modified to "beyond any doubt whatsoever" before a death sentence can be passed.

PPS: In many cases it would be better to avoid the courtroom altogether. If you're committing a crime with a gun in your hand you get shot on sight. Respect that, a**ehole!

PPPS: That last idea shows how difficult it can be to make laws that work. As I've just hastily written it, you could be shot dead for poaching!

transportation, Australias still got lots of room. They can always be bought back if they are later found innocent

I think they should bring back hanging, those tumble dryers use up far too much leccy.

I thought you meant
''should they bring back hanging? :LOL:
060814-babbling-bats_big.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back