Switch niggle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya was hoping someone may be able to advice me on fixing a switch that is starting to niggle me (think I've been at home too long).

I have a 3 gang switch in my kitchen. 2 of the switches turn on the lights in my back room and one the one in my kitchen. I've also another 3 gang switch in my utility 1 switches on the utility light 1 the light in the garden and the other the lights in my kitchen.

It is the switch for the kitchen light I'm having the issue with as when the kitchen light is off the switch in the utility is on and the switch in the kitchen is off or vice versa (I hope that makes sense)

I've included a couple of photos. The first is the utility.
20210226_132359.jpg
20210226_132554.jpg
20210226_132359.jpg 20210226_132554.jpg Hopefully, it's an easy job I can do otherwise I'll get a professional if that's what's best.

Sponsored Links
It is the switch for the kitchen light I'm having the issue with as when the kitchen light is off the switch in the utility is on and the switch in the kitchen is off or vice versa (I hope that makes sense).
That's not really an issue but if you want to change it you need to swap the wires in 1way and 2way on one of the switches.

However, after you have done that the light will be OFF when both switches are 'off' or 'on'.
The light will be ON when the switches are in opposite positions - one up, one down both ways.

Thank you for the speedy reply! Just to be clear before I do anything. I need to swap the black and grey wires over?
Sorry to be a nuisance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back