2 way switch wants disabling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 gang switch on a partition wall in my kitchen which I want to knock down. I want to move the switch a couple of metres to a different wall.

The 3 switches are: back outside light, front outside light, utility room light. The front outside light is a two way switch with a switch at the front door. I have never used the two way switch in the kitchen so when I do the move I only want to move the back outside light and the utility light and do away with the 2 way switch.

I intend to pull the 2 way cable into the loft space and terminate it into a JB. If I did this would the other way switch still work correctly.

As one switch is at the front of the house and the other at the back it would be quite difficult to do a proper convert of the front switch to a 1 way switch

Sponsored Links
Have you got a 2 core and a 3 core at the front door?
If so, can't you disconnect the 3 core and either pull it out or cut it off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back