Switches spur in bathroom question.

If it's a big chain hotel then this should get a few worried meetings amongst the higher echelon. Chances are they will just sort out this one room by substituting the switched outlet to a non-switched one and hope that sorts it. (Which it clearly does not).

Sponsored Links
They made a £500k loss last year, so I imagine this won't be near the top of their to do list.

I was unaware that losing money granted hotels exemption from safety regulations.

Sponsored Links
I just returned from a week in the Embassy Suites hotel in Burlingame. They have around 80 fire extinguishers like the following.
FireExtinguisher.jpg
I asked the manager to explain how to get the extinguisher through the hole, and he was unable to tell me. All he could say was that they had been examined by the fire department, so they must be ok. The promised me feedback before I left. Needless to say...
The Double Tree across the road use the same boxes, but without the locks fitted.
I promised not to post the picture on the internet before he had had time to report back to me.

By the way most of the boxes didn't even have the very light piece of aluminium supplied for breaking the glass.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back