Switching Honeywell R6660D with BDR91 wireless relay box

Joined
28 Sep 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
West Midlands
Country
United Kingdom
Combi boiler was connected to a Honeywell R6660D wireless relay box:
N - Blue
L - Empty
L - Brown

A - Empty
B - White
C - Black
D - Empty
E - Empty

This has been swapped out and replaced with a Honeywell BDR91 wireless relay:
N - Blue
L - Empty
L - Brown

A - Empty
B - White
C - Black

The relay is getting power and the evohome controller (ATC 928) is able to check the signal strength (which it shows as good) so must be communicating okay. However the heating doesn't come on via the controller as per the schedule. Am I missing something obvious? I had thought it would be a straightforward swap. My assumption is the white and black aren't correct?

The evohome controller is currently set as the only zone.

Any help is greatly appreciated... colds nights are on the way!
 
Sponsored Links
Joined
26 Oct 2004
Messages
5,232
Reaction score
469
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
The left 'L' doesn't need a live, the two L terminals are linked internally.

As Dan says, the white and black should be on A and B.
 
Joined
26 Oct 2004
Messages
5,232
Reaction score
469
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
They are linked on the circuit board as a loop through. Your fault must have been a one off, cant have been obvious finding it
 
Sponsored Links
Joined
1 Jul 2007
Messages
56,034
Reaction score
9,554
Location
Hertfordshire & London
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough ... Might be try my hot water bdr later :D


Out of interest.... Can you get the hcf82 that has the remote thimble sensor? Sensible heat have them. But sure if it's mortals can though :(
 
Joined
28 Sep 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
West Midlands
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks both - Dan you were right, "A" wasn't empty, I took a photo before starting and mistook a blank space in the diagram as being "A" when in fact it was just a spare. So as you said, it should have been A and B and not B and C as I thought. The Live however was correct as I described, as in that's how it was previously wired and working, however I took your advice and changed that at the same time as the "A". So I can't comment whether that would have worked without doing so or not, but nonetheless it's all working now, so thanks again!
 
Sponsored Links
Top