E - Empty

This has been swapped out and replaced with a Honeywell BDR91 wireless relay:
N - Blue
L - Empty
L - Brown

A - Empty
B - White
C - Black

The relay is getting power and the evohome controller (ATC 928) is able to check the signal strength (which it shows as good) so must be communicating okay. However the heating doesn't come on via the controller as per the schedule. Am I missing something obvious? I had thought it would be a straightforward swap. My assumption is the white and black aren't correct?

The evohome controller is currently set as the only zone.

Any help is greatly appreciated... colds nights are on the way!

Sponsored Links
The left 'L' doesn't need a live, the two L terminals are linked internally.

As Dan says, the white and black should be on A and B.

Sponsored Links
They are linked on the circuit board as a loop through. Your fault must have been a one off, cant have been obvious finding it

Fair enough ... Might be try my hot water bdr later :D

Out of interest.... Can you get the hcf82 that has the remote thimble sensor? Sensible heat have them. But sure if it's mortals can though :(

Thanks both - Dan you were right, "A" wasn't empty, I took a photo before starting and mistook a blank space in the diagram as being "A" when in fact it was just a spare. So as you said, it should have been A and B and not B and C as I thought. The Live however was correct as I described, as in that's how it was previously wired and working, however I took your advice and changed that at the same time as the "A". So I can't comment whether that would have worked without doing so or not, but nonetheless it's all working now, so thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back