Switchmaster Midi Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Can anyone advise on where to get a replacement "Switchmaster Midi Valve Actuator"? or recommend a replacement model (something a diy person can install).

This is the model I currently have which needs replacing but I seem to be getting no where.

Stylus

Sponsored Links
Apparently Switchmaster no longer available. Therefore you have to change whole valve (not just head). You will need to be au fait with wiring of mid position valves (complicated - try Y plan diagram on Honeywell site) or get a heating engineer to do it.

Best to replace it with a modern shape valve for the future, but if the pipes are really hard to get at I have 2/3 of those valves. (Some new, even!)

change for a new drayton and you can leave the nuts and olives from the old one as they use the same fine thread.

Sponsored Links
Chris if your on about the blue switch master with the white disk ontop with the red indicator arrow in it where did you get new ones of these as they have not been made for nearly 15 years. Stylus dependinding way your original valve has been fitted at least one of the pipes may need altering unless there is a lot of play on it. also switch master has 6 wires and new valves only have 5 and colours different , got the wiring diagram for altering them somewhere will look it out and add to this message when i find it

Yes I do mean those - they came from a ret htg engr. When I say "new" I mean unused! Having a s/h one is handy to get someone warm while alternatives are considered.

Posted this a couple of years ago.. Feel free to add/criticise.

In future, to search on some of: Motorised Valve Valves Connection Connections Table

3-port mid position valves:

................................. SwLive ..........HWon .......CHon..... HWoff

Honeywell 4073 etc......Orange...........................White.......Grey
Switchmaster Midi..*.....Red............Orange......Yellow......White
Sopac ZV20EB..............Red...............................White.......Grey
Many ..........................Orange...........................Brown......Grey

Many means Danfoss Randall HSA3, Potterton/Myson PMV, Pegler/Sunvic SD1701

*LinkRed&Orange to make SwLive for pump and boiler

In all cases earth is Yellow/Green and Neutral is Blue

2-port Valves:
.....................................Sw Live........Motor....... Live
Honeywell 4043 etc..........Orange.......Brown........Grey
ACL 679B308-30L1...........Black ........Brown........White
Sopac ZV20 - 2 EB...........Red........... White.........Grey
Unusual!.........................Orange.......Yellow........ -

Some valves eg Satchwell/Sunvic SMX203 have white wire which should normally be disconnected/made safe.

Honeywell Grey wire should be connected to permanent live....BUT some people connect the Orange to a permanent live and use the Grey as the Switched Live.

There must be a better way of doing a table!

Just my own reference for a switchmaster (blue top) to honeywell or similar:

S/M h/well
white----------------->grey
blue------------------>blue
Red &orange-------->orange
yellow---------------->white

ChrisR - If you've got a Switchmaster VA1 valve blue box, then I'm in the market for one. How much do you want for it?

ChrisR said:
Best to replace it with a modern shape valve for the future, but if the pipes are really hard to get at I have 2/3 of those valves. (Some new, even!)

Hi Chris. I also need one of your unused valves. Please get back to me ASAP.

I would be very grateful if you would let me know when you find a uk supplier for the blue switchmaster midi valve actuator with white circle and red arrow. Some one must have some.
Cant find phone number for smith meters ltd but have got address and fax number.

ollski said:
change for a new drayton and you can leave the nuts and olives from the old one as they use the same fine thread.

Hi
Do you have the drayton model number and details of where to get it.
+ any info for wiring it.

Hi,

I have a problem with the Switchmaster in my system (blue one with white dial etc).

I have a Danfoss CP715 control panel, when the hot water is turned on the switchmaster turns to the correct position and the pump runs, but nothing happens when the central heating is turned on (ie the switchmaster doesn't turn to heating, or heating and hot water, and hence no power is sent to the boiler.

Any thoughts, is it more likely to be a faulty control panel of the switchmaster?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back