Symbols in posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I just missing it (I've tried pretty hard) but is there no facility in the new software for insertion of 'symbols' into posts? If so, in this particular forum (and probably a good few others) that is going to be a complete pain!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
When you say symbols, do you mean, for example, Ω ? (copy'n'pasted from elsewhere).

When you say symbols, do you mean, for example, Ω ? (copy'n'pasted from elsewhere).
Yes, that symbol, together with a superscript "2" (for CSAs etc.) and 'degrees' are probably the most important for this particular forum, but the Greek "mu" and "pi" sometimes get used, as do fractions and things like "plus/minus" and "less than or equal"/"more than or equal" ones etc. are also sometimes used here.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I’ve asked. I got this response:
Definitely, this was something that was working in the test runs we did but for some reason has decided not to work on the day. It is on my list!

I’ve asked. I got this response:
Definitely, this was something that was working in the test runs we did but for some reason has decided not to work on the day. It is on my list!
Thanks. I asked as well, but haven't had any response as yet. I can't see that anyone could disagree that at least some of the symbols are important to this forum, so hopefully/presumably this will be fixed..

I also asked whether it might be possible to move the 'underline' thingy into the main group (rather than under 'More Options')

It would also be more convenient if posts didn't 'disappear' (until one refreshes the page) when one edits them :)

Kind Regards, John
Edit: just checking the forum's 'edit behaviour' !

Last edited:
For Symbols, (apart from using "Insert Symbols" from "Word" and copying and pasting them),
if you search on "Unicode" (or go to unicode-table.com) you will fined "Unicode Character Table"

If, in the "Character Search" you enter "superscript", "subscript", "degree", Greek Characters", Rupee, Yen etc. you will find appropriate items, which can then be copied and pasted.
e. g. ² ³ ₙ ° Ω Π μ ₨ ¥

Symbols will definitely will back on soon.

Special characters should now be working. You will find them on the editor toolbar, under more options (3 dots) on the right of the insert picture icon.
²Ωβ∞✔

Just in case anyone is struggling (and to prove it works) Ω

Attachments

• E73DA32A-E561-4C9D-A709-A26D9328E7BC.jpeg
    E73DA32A-E561-4C9D-A709-A26D9328E7BC.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 93
Special characters should now be working. You will find them on the editor toolbar, under more options (3 dots) on the right of the insert picture icon.
²Ωβ∞✔
Thanks. A slight inconvenience that one has to go through the 'three dots' process (and a bit confusing that there are two sets of 'three dots'!), but at least they are now there (and much more extensive than before) - so thanks!

We seem to have reverted to the fairly distant 'bad old days' in as much as one doesn't now appear to be able to paste an image into a post. Is that always going to be the case?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back