synchron motor fitted, now boiler not workin!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitted a new synchron today and all was ok, ch wasnt comin on when i demanded hot water. around an hour after i went to put hot water on and the boiler will not fire up now. dont know if this is because of the work that was done or not or just bad timing as for a couple days now the boiler is firing up as normal then after 5 min will reignite itself and also try ignitin whilst the boiler is actually burnin! anyway the pump is running and continues to run without switchin off, the pump is new and was fitted around 2 month back

boiler is a glow worm ultimate 30ff
pump is a grundfos selector

hope this is enough info and thanks for ur help

Sponsored Links
grundfoss pump is spinning fine, i switched the mains off for about an hour then back on, created a demand and it fired up for around a minute. the 1st neon light on pcb is now showin but nothing else. the pump is still runnin... had a look at booklet and i am leaning towards pcb or overheat device??? please help!

Sponsored Links
oh ok thank u, i had the exact same problem a couple month ago and had a diagnostic come round who said it was the pump, the pump was replaced and was all ok. this time it defo isnt the pump as its spinning fine. can it be a fault with the synchron put on today or is that not possible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back