Synthetic Brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bit of a side line buying up joblots of new and old tools, restoring/selling on and keeping the best stuff for myself. Over the past few years I've accumulated loads of new paint brushes which I use myself, usually just crappy ones only good for brushing on paint stripper/degreaser/brake cleaner etc in the garage, however there are quite a few decentish looking synthetic brushes which I've left to one side. I've never used synthetic brushes for decorating, are they any good or should I go out and spend some money on natural brushes and just use them for putting on primer/chassis black on my restoration projects?
What would a decorator use?

Sponsored Links
If they are decent synthetic then yeah they are quite good, especially nsonwith modern water based paints.

I really like Hamilton synthetic brushes I get on really well with them, I've tried other brands, prodec and b&q / Screwfix own brands but settled on the Hamilton

I have used harris synthetic for a wooden shelf and it behaved well.
In fact, i think that it behaved better than natural ones with water based varnish/stain.

Sponsored Links
I always use synthetic for water-based these days, Wooster mainly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back