Syphoning problems

Sponsored Links
Why faff with that? Valves leak, if you're using a level switch you don't need any.
Besides, it's a one way valve, it's designed to let water throough...

Make A Hole!!

unledbhgyuc.jpg

These are one way valves not spring loaded check valves. There is no problem submerging the brass valve in water for long periods. Why not get a copper copper 15mm compression valve and use a couple of 15mm copper tails to connect to the hose with jubilee clips. What head of water is the pump capable of lifting?.

I'd go with Doitalls option. A ball valve.
And no energy consuming machines needed.

Is this a rainwater harvesting project?

Sponsored Links
Why faff with that? Valves leak, if you're using a level switch you don't need any.
Besides, it's a one way valve, it's designed to let water throough...

Make A Hole!!

unledbhgyuc.jpg

Thanks Chris...that look like a good plan..trouble is I havent got the room in the main tank due to 2 other pumps, switches, cables etc to come up then back down..

These are one way valves not spring loaded check valves. There is no problem submerging the brass valve in water for long periods. Why not get a copper copper 15mm compression valve and use a couple of 15mm copper tails to connect to the hose with jubilee clips. What head of water is the pump capable of lifting?.

This sounds like a good plan...the valve came with 2 x compression glands with olives the problem is I have heard hydroponic nutrients dont like copper pipe. im going to give it a go now, drop the valve, glands, copper tails and jubillees into the main tank and see if the dribbling stops I will then re-think on the pipe material if it works..

Holy cats alive...the fu##ers still dribbling when the pump turns off with valve in main tank with compressions and jubilees

If you have installed the valve correctly, arrow pointing in the direction of flow, and the outlet joints are secure and not letting water in. It indicates that the valve is not seating properly due to debris or being faulty.

If you have installed the valve correctly, arrow pointing in the direction of flow, and the outlet joints are secure and not letting water in. It indicates that the valve is not seating properly due to debris or being faulty.

I am going to get this one tomorrow..

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Pushfit/Double Check Valve/d20/sd3143/p83191

This is a double check valve..im having problems understanding what that means..can I simply push the copper pipe into each end, drop it in the main tank and it will work like the other one is supposed to?

A non return valve is useless for what you want.
They are designed to stop water backflowing.

In this case the direction of flow will be from the pump to the small tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back