SYSTEM LOSING PRESSURE BUT CANNOT FIND LEAK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!!!
I'm about to put my flat on the market but the heating system keeps losing pressure. It definatly does not have a leak anywhere.

I have underfloor heating on two rooms from a manifold, and 5 radiators.
I have an expansion vessell and a Potterton Profile boiler with a storage tank.

The pressure releif valve from the boiler does not exit an outer wall, I think it has been plumbed into the waste somewhere as the previous owner was a plumber and I can't ask him about it because unfortunatly he is dead. I spoke to a plumber last week on a job I was on about this and he advised me to pressure the system and see if air or water comes out of the bottom of the expansion vessell, I tried to today when I was there and got air.

Any other suggestion please, or any good plumbers near N11???

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Trace the PRV pipe work disconect it and put a plastic bag over it with an elastic band to hold it in place repressurise the system then as the pressure drops check it.

Thanks for reply mate but I have tried looking for the prv pipework and suspect it may have been chased into the wall behind the tiling. I have had the plastic cover off the bottom of the boiler but cannot see any pipework branching off anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound like a complete idiot but disconnect what from where?
Not too knowledgeable about boilers

have some one look at your boiler it may cheap in long run
but the prv goes outside via a piece of copper

Does the pressure gauge go up significantly when the system is hot?

From my boiler having same probs a year ago, Pressure raises when heat on, Over night or when not on for a length of time pressure drops off scale..It was my expansion vesal in the back of the boiler..Pumped it up and all was fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back