system seems to kick in every 5 mins even when not on timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,we have noticed that our boiler seems to kick in every 5 mins even when we don't have the boiler programmed on.We have an immersion system as well but that is turned off.Our boiler is a potteron suprima 80l with a potterton EP2002 channel programmer.when trying to figure it out I noticed the thermostat attached to the tank in the airing cupboard (is this this for the immersion system?).I also noticed the drayton zone actulator but am unsure what these do.Can anyone point in the right direction on how to solve this and is it something I can do myself or better to get a plumber or electrician in.Any advice appreciated .I have attached photos as well if that helps
Danny

Sponsored Links
The small grey box with the black dial is the cylinder stat and it should be attached to the cylinder , there should be a hole in the insulation (I am assuming it was fitted properly at some point) and turned up to to at least 55c.

is this something I can sort myself or is it better to get a plumber in

Sponsored Links
That sort of work is diyable. First you must determine which valve is faulty, and for that you need to understand the wiring. To be honest, a good repair guy will diagnose in less than 10 mins and you possibly will only need a new powerhead. 45 mins tops. If by any chance the valve body has seized then it will require renewal and will mean extra work to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back