System setting fault on empty zone

Nje

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all
I’ve been searching your forum but haven’t found anything like my problem.
I have just bought the following:
Honeywell Accenta Mini with LCD remote keypad. (8SP399A-UK)
ADE Reson8 bell box.
3 x Honeywell IS312 PIR motion sensors.

To make life easier I decided to put the system together on the table before installing it.
Unfortunately I get a recurring ‘system failure ‘ fault.
I suspected that I have wired up the sensors the wrong way but have tried various combinations with same result although occasionally the system does say something like ‘system setting’ but unfortunately it just beeps very quickly and never actually set. The interesting thing though is if I put my hand in front of the sensor at this time the alarm sounds.
Description of recurring fault.
I currently have the 3 sensors wired into zone 1,2,3, the PA has a link in it.
I put power to alarm- it shows date and Bell sounds -insert code - then shows 12345678 TP with zeros below the numbers- it then says ‘user restore press X’ then shows -System unset
All seems good so far.
I then insert code to set alarm.
It now shows ‘System Fault 4 kitchen’ but there isn’t anything connected to zone 4.
I removed zone 1 wires and put them in zone 4 but it then said ‘System fault 1 Hall’ and likewise when I swapped the other zones about. It seems to always fault on a zone that isn’t wired..

My sensors have terminals as follows ‘+ - N NC T1 T2’ I’ve interpreted T1 & T2 as tamper ( but not sure) and wired the C & NC to the zones in panel.

Unfortunately Honeywell don’t have any help unless you are a professional installer which isn’t very helpful.
Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
link out any unused zones using a short length of cable. Or check the manual for zone types you should be able to programme the zones as unused

Thank you for both of your replies and suggestions. Sounds like a plan. I won’t be home until about 3.30pm when I can try the linking and let you know.
I’ve already set the other zones as not used but it made no difference, however, it’s possible with powering on and off so many times the settings have been lost.

Sponsored Links
Update. Initial success and then failure.!!
I linked all zones other than those with sensors connected and success, I set the alarm and they picked up my wife moving around and the alarm sounded.
I then decided to tidy up the wiring a bit. I removed all 3 PIR’s and then refitted them all.
On powering up it gave ‘setting failure zone 1’.
I took out the wires and reinstated them and got the same fault. I then took all 3 sensors out and put links in all zones, no problem with faults and the alarm set ok.
I kept all links in accept zone one and tried the other two PIR’s in zone one with the same setting fault.
I cleaned up the end of the wires in case the contact was bad and it went through the setting procedure alright but unfortunately the sensor wouldn’t pick anything up or even flash. I tried all 3 sensors together and non would flash.
It’s a nightmare isn’t it?
Thanks

Sparkymarka - thanks, spot on, all seems well now although when setting it (remember it’s still on the table in the dining rooom) it suddenly chirped up with ‘setting fault zone 1’ and then went back to setting. I can still hear my wife (for about the 30th time ) saying “send it back it’s faulty”
I think maybe a bit of a loose connection. Could I ask you just more thing please ? It’s quite a squeeze getting the red and black power wires into the + and- terminals, if I add any more sensors it could be a struggle. Is there any other way to connect them? I was thinking of soldering them together to see if they went in easier.
Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

Strip them all back together or 5 amp connector block with alarm cable coming out to the connector

I’m sorry but it’s going from bad to worse, I’m starting to think like my wife that something faulty, ( could be me!)
I decided to go the whole hog (still on the table) and connect 3 sensors and the bell box for a final test before installing it properly.
It starts off with the bell sounding.
I enter the code, it stops sounding
It asks ‘user restore press X
It says ‘tamper fault lockout’
I try to put code (0123) in
On entering the 3 in the code it says
‘The entered code is not valid’

I remove everything in turn, first the bell box, then each sensor with exactly the same result.
With everything removed and links in all zones including PA, SCB, tamper it still gives the same result.
I take the back off RKP and hold sensor in during boot up and when it says ‘tamper fault lockout’ I let go of tamper spring and click it a few times, nothing changes.
I then repeat the same with control panel tamper spring, same result.
I’ve check the fuses and all look ok.
I can’t think of anything else to do.
Any help/advice would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks

Emergency over!!!
I rechecked it again and found that the tamper wires from the RKP were touching in the terminals in the control panel, I must have pulled the wires when putting the lid back on. All is working ok now, thanks for previous help

Problem resolved.
I must be cracking up because I thought I posted my solution but can’t see it so I must have forgotten to press ‘post reply’
I must have pulled the wire when moving the RKP and as a result the stripped part of the green and yellow tamper wires were touching and this is what caused the fault. I will ensure that no wire is exposed when installing for real.

P.S. I can see my other post now, definitely cracking up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back