Texecom R8 plus zone fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Have searched the forum but can't find any specific advice for my problem.

Our alarm has been working fine since we moved in 2 years ago, but a couple days ago it suddenly stopped setting. When you enter the code and press 'Full" or "part" the red zone 2 light flashes and prevents the system setting. After a few seconds the panel chimes repeatedly.

Strangely, I can omit zone 2 and set the alarm and it works fine. I have tested that by entering one of the other zones, and the alarm goes off.

Zone 2 is an upstairs sensor, and the unit is programmed so that a "part" set omits that zone as we set it like that overnight.

I see a lot of answers suggest battery replacement for faults, but as this appears to only affect a single zone I assume it isn't a battery issue.

I did remove the zone 2 sensor case and it set off the tamper alarm and I couldn't see anything untoward with the sensor device.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts before either replacing the battery or calling out an engineer.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you using resistor?

if so what values?

if you not using resistors join the cables at the pir end together for alarm and same for tamper terminals.

this should rule out zone being active, linking the tampers together will stop the global tamoer f being used from showing up.

if using resistors need to know which ones your using as there are a few combinations possible. Modern r8 pluses are capable of using the old veritas values 22k 10k if my memory is correct and the premier values 2l2 and 4k7.

Once we know that can advise further.

batteries in panels can result in strange behaviour from panels if they are low.

Yes, the sensor lights up ok.

Securelam, thanks for your reply but am afraid I have no idea. Im not any good with electronics - I was hoping it could be resolved by doing something to the panel.

Think I might need to get an engineer out. The battery is dated 2012, but have no idea how much use it has had before we moved in,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Replace the battery to start with it over 5 years old.

Screwfix and toolstation sell batteries and open 7 days a week.

If you know the engineers code then we can look at the programming.
If that doesn't work then call out an engineer if you don't want to have a go.

Cheers guys, appreciate the advice.

I have found a local engineer who is reasonable and who was helpful on the phone. He's coming out in the week and will replace the battery first to see if thats whats needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back