Texecom Premier 24 - Install Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have an electrician install a Texecom Premier 24 panel. Being an IT buff, I thought, how hard can it be to program it...!!! (I can see you all smirking..!)

So, now its come to the point I need help. It was mainly all factory defaults. I used the manuals and managed to do the obvious bits, like set the codes and add users with their names etc...

FYI: I am running a:

Texecom Premier 24
6 Zones
2 Keypads.

The main issue is when I set the alarm. The keypad is in the hallway as is my Hallway sensor (Zone 1).

When I set the alarm, Zone 1 can see me and it picks me up. This is currently set to Zone Type; Entry/Exit 1.

For some reason, around 50% of the time, it comes up with "Zone Arm fail" and I get an internal alarm - it feels like the alarm is just ignoring the zone type of the hallway sensor, gets to the 15 second countdown, realises that someone is there and decides to "Arm fail".

No other sensors can see me when I am entering the code... i.e. The living room or kitchen. If I do decide to walk into one of those rooms when I have set the code, the alarm activates immediately.

Any thoughts on the Hallway countdown / Zone type issue...!!!

Help!!

Sponsored Links
Why are you using a PIR as a entry exit device?
Can be done but not best practice, hence your issue.

Are you trying to part set or full set?

Hi Alarm,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any door contacts, although we are getting a new front door soon so I could add one.

I am doing a full set.

What can I set the sesnor to in the mean time...?

Shouldnt it just pause the countdown.. and continue when I have gone out of sight... or do I need to set something for it to do that...?

ta

texecom premier 24 exit is set as final door so your problem is the pir is seeing you than setting the system set exit to timed..

Sponsored Links
Why I asked what setting sequence you were using, you never know :D

As SM rightly says change the exit to timed.

Ok. So a Timed exit. Which I gather sets after the stated time regardless of what happens.

If I set the exit time to 20 seconds.

Also, what should the settle time be set to and what exactly does it do...?

Ta for everyones help.

Settle time is when it gives the detector time to "Settle" as go out of alarm state. This in reality would give you a slightly longer exit time as it starts from the settle time.

7 seconds is about the average needed if your going to change it from default.

Actually Menvier use 7 secs, I think Texecom use 8 as default.
I would leave it as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back