Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, after my other thread was locked this is the latest:

Initial problem was hot water fluctuating SO BG came out and did the following

-New PCB
-1x new water pump
replacement of sensors

the problem was now not fluctuating but the water not warming at times in the day perhaps when the heating wasnt on, so we would get good hot water in the morning and evening (as we both work in the day)

So yesterday after much head scratching, BG decided to open the boiler (potterton suprima) and noticed that the thermistor was not totally in its place, and refitted it correctly.. so turned the water on after a little while and it was boiling hot, he will come back monday to fit a new one as its cheap anyway, and we will see what happens over the next day or so..

Woke up this mid-morning and showered as normal, temperature and pressure was excellent

I did mention a few times to the various engineers that have turned up over the past few months to check the boiler however they were always dismissive that it couldn't be that!

Luckily for me i'm only paying the £60 excess of my homecare policy, so hopefully this will be the end of this

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back