T&G decking supplier.

J

james0james

Hi All.
Does any one know where I can get t&g decking.

It has to be t&g as its for a balcony flooring 4 floors up, the decking boards I have seen advertised are laid with a small gap between boards but to stop items dropping on to the balcony below the management company insists on same for same replacement :rolleyes:

The balcony measures 7X12 foot,on a 11 year seaside location,so a very good quality wood is required.

Existing decking is warped,full of seagull poo and splitting.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visit your local timber merchant or manufacturing joinery company (not a DIY store who simply offer what they sell) and they will machine boards to your specification from whichever wood you can afford to pay for. If they cannot they should be able to direct you to someone who can. Take a sample of the existing decking with you for wood identification and measurements.

Seagull sh1t needs cleaning off by the owner as and when necessary

Sponsored Links
Thank you jackrae,your idea stirred up my grey matter :oops:

I have previously used a timber merchant to replicate Victorian skirting boards,very impressed at the results thou costly.

So I went to the timber merchant in west London,had a chat with the craftsman who did my skirting boards,he can supply square edge deck boards suitable for adverse/commericial use and the craftsman can machine the boards to create a suitable t&g edge profile and treat.
He also suggested that I measure the existing deck so he can cut all the boards and treat on site,now that interests me and will save me time.

He also suggested an air rifle re seagulls ! :D .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back