Ta-dah

Would that also have a lot to do with the lovely clean root vegetables we all buy in the supermarkets or the bagged salad leaves. Now let me think how do you think they keep the water clean that they are washed in / Umm let me guess would that be the same chemical that your local swimming pool uses to keep the bugs down in the water. Oh hell no that would be so against the sad left wing Marxist fools who think the EU is a democratic organisation similar to the wonderful left wing utopia known as Venezuela. Remember that's the country with the largest oil reserves yet can't feed it population or provide even the most basic of health care.

Sponsored Links
Would that also have a lot to do with the lovely clean root vegetables we all buy in the supermarkets or the bagged salad leaves. Now let me think how do you think they keep the water clean that they are washed in / Umm let me guess would that be the same chemical that your local swimming pool uses to keep the bugs down in the water. Oh hell no that would be so against the sad left wing Marxist fools who think the EU is a democratic organisation similar to the wonderful left wing utopia known as Venezuela. Remember that's the country with the largest oil reserves yet can't feed it population or provide even the most basic of health care.

Andy, the "chlorinated chicken" phrase that we all know, is a media slogan.

The issue is not chlorine (which isn't even commonly used in USA), the issue is animal welfare, environmental standards, workers rights.

Did you know America has no national welfare standards?

By the way, the EU is not left wing, if anything it might be best described as neo liberal.

sad left wing Marxist fools who think the EU is a democratic organisation similar to the wonderful left wing utopia known as Venezuela. Remember that's the country with the largest oil reserves yet can't feed it population or provide even the most basic of health care.

UK has food banks, America is **** poor public healthcare, and both have an abundance of oil. This argument seems a bit flawed!

Plus, the statistics don't lie - more people are in better paid jobs under labour governments, public services are in better health under labour governments.
Bad news for right wing tabloids that report the opposite though, as it means less help from government!

EU has recently been lucky enough to lose a flock of RWR MEPs, so perhaps it will become more socially responsible.

Sponsored Links
UK has food banks, America is **** poor public healthcare, and both have an abundance of oil. This argument seems a bit flawed!

Plus, the statistics don't lie - more people are in better paid jobs under labour governments, public services are in better health under labour governments.
Bad news for right wing tabloids that report the opposite though, as it means less help from government!

Foodbanks are a difficult argument in that they're not a true reflection of poverty, they might be a vague indicator, but the fact is the more 'free food' you put on offer, the more people will take it up, it frees up more of their budget for lifes 'luxuries'. My wife in her previous job gave out food vouchers and she was shocked at some of the people claiming them, they certainly didn't need them. On the other side of the coin, she did the rounds at Christmas with food and toys donated by Asda, and saw grown men cry, men who were newly unemployed and didn't know how to milk the system, it had a profound effect on her.
Her last year she was unable to do that charitable act, the supermarkets were milked by the 'childrens hospices', there's an 'earner' if you ever think of going into the charity game.

It's a very lazy argument to suggest food banks are the result of a Tory govt, they're simply a result of the times we live in, the gig economy etc.
Incidentally, Germany have a far greater reliance on food banks than the UK.

Americas healthcare is probably one of the best in the world (Cuba might be better-they're an anomaly). Distribution of that healthcare seems to be a problem, if you have a job you have healthcare insurance. Obamacare was intended to make the insurance more widely available (and compulsory), a lot of people voted against that compulsory insurance, I don't know why, it's a complicated system.

What I do know is that US spends more on healthcare both as a percentage of GDP and per capita than the UK, it's an insurance based system and that seems to drive up costs to a ridiculous level, you only need to look at vets bills in this country since vet insurance became widespread. To be fair, if somebody approaches me with a water damaged ceiling that needs re-boarding and plastering, if I know it's an insurance job, I'll stick on at least 50%........because I can.

more people are in better paid jobs under labour governments,

The public sector certainly saw some exponential salary increases during the Blair years and they are still in existence, as is the expectancy of a year on year increase, the unions are still powerful in certain sectors, so yes, you're right Comrade, some workers do well under labour, unfortunately, if everybody works for the state, the house of cards falls down.

EU life expectancy 81 UK 81.3 hope we continue to be worse than EU average, by your calcula
Thank you for posting, your chart is a damning example, showing UK is behind majority of advanced European countries and only ahead of Eastern European countries like Hungary, Romania.

UK is behind:
Spain
France
Italy
Cyprus
Sweden
Malta
Luxembourg
Ireland
Greece
Netherlands
Au

Foodbanks are a difficult argument in that they're not a true reflection of poverty, they might be a vague indicator, but the fact is the more 'free food' you put on offer, the more people will take it up, it frees up more of their budget for lifes 'luxuries

What utter rubbish

Americas healthcare is probably one of the best in the world
What utter rubbish.....your right wing bias is affecting your view of reality.

America is well down the list.

EU countries have the worlds top healthcare systems.

ID-Medical-The-Best-Healthcare-System.png

Last edited:
Foodbanks are a difficult argument in that they're not a true reflection of poverty, they might be a vague indicator, but the fact is the more 'free food' you put on offer, the more people will take it up, it frees up more of their budget for lifes 'luxuries'. My wife in her previous job gave out food vouchers and she was shocked at some of the people claiming them, they certainly didn't need them. O

I am sure some do that, but one consideration is that they are open only during the day, at least around here, so it's not like people can use them if they are working.
Also, it is possible to go from having a good income to being very poor instantly - just because somebody has nice clothes and a fancy phone doesn't mean they have a penny to their name. If both me and my wife lost our jobs, we'd probably be down the food bank, as while we have a home and some nice things, I have no savings at all (it's all gone into renovating the house) so the moment we stop earning, we have nothing. There are no energy banks, or mortgage banks, so those will get paid somehow, and then we'll be fighting for scraps after that.

By the way, the EU is not left wing, if anything it might be best described as neo liberal.

EU has recently been lucky enough to lose a flock of RWR MEPs, so perhaps it will become more socially responsible.
The EU is slightly right of centre. It was further right, but since Brexit, as JohnD has pointed out, it's lurched back toward the centre.

What I do know is that US spends more on healthcare both as a percentage of GDP and per capita than the UK, it's an insurance based system and that seems to drive up costs to a ridiculous level,
Cost of health care is no indicator of quality.
As you recognise, US raises its cost of health care, because it can. It doesn't automatically mean the the quality is any better.

Cost of health care is no indicator of quality.
As you recognise, US raises its cost of health care, because it can. It doesn't automatically mean the the quality is any better.

Yes but if you look at a list of the 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world,

30 Most Technologically Advanced Hospitals in the World - Top Master's in Healthcare Administration

The majority do seem to be in the US, what prompted my comment about US healthcare is the number of times I've heard of crowdfunding to send a very sick child to the US for an operation not available in this country or indeed much of the world, if money is no object, the US is the place to be treated.

As I said though, being insurance based limits the number of people who qualify to receive this care.

Sponsored Links
Back