table leg extenders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
strange one i know but does anybody know where i could get somthing to increase the height of a table? i'm sure ive seen plastic "feet" you can put onto the table legs to lift the table up but i cant seem to find them anywhere now.

Anyone seen these, anyone know where i could buy some online.... did i imagine seeing these?

cheery
e

Sponsored Links
heeelllooww ewans :D

a pint of what your drinking please :D :D :D ;)

what exactly are you trying to do :eek: :eek:
any leg extension are either going to be oversized and cumbersome or weak and impracticle to accomodate different shapes and sizes

or be compact for an exact size [individual table or task]

bricks-th.jpg

one under each leg?

yeh i know it sounds daft.

i have a standard height dining table that needs to be rasied up so the table top is about another 10" higher so it can be used as a pattern cutting table.

not your everyday application i know but increasing the height of an existing table is much cheeper than buying a new table.

e

Sponsored Links
just a suggestion but ive seen table/chair height changers in disabled living shops..maybe worth a google.

what size are the legs and what are they made from (and does it matter what the finished table looks like ie is it just functional if its a pattern cutting table or does it double as the dining room table as well?)

my suggestion would be to build a platform with a slight lip to stop the table wandering
you could also make a frame rather than a platform but a platform would be more usefull for storage

material used depends on size and weight off table

it doesn't matter what the finish i like, its for use as a pattern table only. The legs are maybe 50-60mm wide, the whole table is made of beach.

i'll check out the disabled table extendor idea, never thought of that, otherwise the idea of a platform sounds could, could even put it on casters so the whole thing can be moved around easily.

The platform approach would be the strongest and safest approach for raising 10", however a quick solution for non-weight bearing could be to use lengths of 2" x 2" with steel reinforcing brackets. For added strength a steel rod drilled up through original leg and down into extender would reduce 'wobble' and a simple brace (2 x 2 again) between legs would add extra support.
If it is going to be a permanent fixture against a wall perhaps put a baton along the wall to take the weight and support the front legs. Best of luck.
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back