Table Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had to build a new gate for the garden and as the wall (double skin brick) opening was not square i've had a right old laugh cutting the last panels at angles.

So was thinking about getting a table saw for future projects so solve this 'problem'. As all of my power tools are Erbauer I've found this one but are the cheaper ones any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/24053/Power-Tools/Benchtop-Woodworking/Erbauer-Table-Saw-250mm-230V

Do they even allow you to cut timber with different end widths?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you will find that many tables saw are almost identical platforms rebadged under different names with some areas re-worked, like better quality switches or slightly upgraded motor etc.

Unless you want to go for it and try and buy a second hand table saw with cast iron tables and fence (probably set you back at least 350 quid even second hand) then see them all in the flesh and buy the one with the best fences! Because if your spending less than 3/4 hundred quid its the only part that really matters.

Don't really know what you mean by different end widths but in reality a well set up bench with plenty of room around it and clamps around combined with a hand held circular saw is more versatile and a lot cheaper.

you cannot cut a panel at an angle with a table saw unless your good at freehand
you need a circ saw a table and strait edge or a jigsaw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back