Table top dishwasher - plumbing advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the washing machine which had a cold and hot inlet supply but as you will know, they only have a cold inlet feed now, consequently, I am left with a spare hot water feed.
I would like to use this spare connection to hook up a table top dishwashing machine, but I believe these are also designed for single cold water feed.
Will it cause any problems if I connected the spare hot water feed to the cold inlet valve of the dishwaser?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You'll probably find if you do the machine will not operate until water fed into machine is at operating temperature. if incoming is hotter than required temp. other than that can't see it being a major prob.

Sponsored Links
Main thing is you get a hot rinse rather than a cold 1 but it actually speeds the cycle up a bit coz it aint heating the water with the element ;)

Ok,thanks for advice.
Have it hooked up and seems to be operating with no problems on hot supply. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back