Plumbing in a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to use the existing cold water feed and existing waste from the washing machine to plumb in the dishwasher? Any tips on how to do this?

meddy.

Sponsored Links
sorry i should have been clearer. I know how to plumb it in. I want to tee off the existing cold feed for the washing machine to feed both the WM and the DW. Plus my wast outlet consists of two upright pipes which feeds into one pipe. Is one of these a breather pipe for the washing machine waste, or can i use both of these for DW and WM?

Teeing off from the original cold supply is fine.....check out McAlpine plumbing products (appliance traps) to allow two drains into one.
If possible, a vented pipe is desirable.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the reply. Can i use both appliances at once if i tee off the cold feed with the self cutting tap?

Using both appliances at the same time is fine, if you find your new drain is coping!
Both machines, as they use a lot of electricity during their heating period, need their own socket - and not from an adaptor which could overheat.
I'd really avoid the self cutting tap though - they really are a bodge at best and can fail. 'Y' pice cold feed splitters are available but personally I'd put a new take off from the copper pipe that already exists. A tee off one is Screwfix 76344 or even 24030.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back