Tablet smashed can't access parental control to sons gmail. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sons Samsung tab 8 got smashed and I have parental control but I can't seem to access anything through family link. And when I try to sign Into his google account I can't as I dont know password. I try to reset password but it wants me to access the tablet that has smashed to do the recovery. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You'd normally have a second authentication method set up like a mobile number to help with password resets? If you lost tablet or it was stolen there has to be a method for recovery, right?

That's what I thought but this is what happens

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_193420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_193420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20230801_193435_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_193435_Samsung Internet.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 41
Why don't you know the password? Bit of a fundamental flaw in your management of said kids account there tbh. That said I can't talk, my idiot kid managed to change his password somehow, I did manage to sort it somehow but I can't remember how now I think about it.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think I needed to remember it as I thought I was able to access it anyway through mine

Have you only had the one password? Google will send a reset if you can enter a previous password. Provided you follow the basic set up it is pretty much infallible.

Back