Tado Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I'm looking to install a tado smart heating system in my house but i have a slightly complicated system and so i wanted to just see if anyone knew if it would work. If it was straight forward the plan would be to do it myself but if not i'd get the pros in.

So i have a sealed heating system and unvented cylinder. Off the boiler i have 13 radiators and the water tank connected to a programmer and a wireless thermostat and then a further programmer and two thermostats connected for underfloor heating. I have posted pictures below showing the wiring.

I gather i would need to install a tado extender (as i have a wireless thermostat) and then smart thermostats for the two underfloor heating stats. In all the videos it seems quite straightforward as they just change the programmer for the tado extender, however i have two programmers so is this setup possible. Can i remove both programmers and wire everything into the extender?

I've posted pictures below but appreciate it's very difficult to see the wiring etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back