Tado Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE Plus Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Tado smart thermostat installed and it is working fine with controlling the heating via my phone and smart thermostat with my boiler. One niggle though is in order for Tado to control the heating the boiler must be constantly on. With this boiler if I use the constant on setting it resets at Midnight to Automatic thus disabling the smart control and I need to put it back to constant on in the morning to have Tado the primary controller again.

Any thoughts on how I can disable this feature or override it? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a pic of the boiler with front panel down. Is it the one with the 4 yellow buttons on the right hand side? If so you can't fit alternate external controls afaik

Take a pic of the wiring connections and post them here - sounds to me like it's not been wired correctly

Hi, I have attached a pick of the Panel. Strange thing though. This morning I tested the heating using the Tado control and it worked perfectly. Even though it has defaulted back from Constant On to Automatic Setting. Perhaps you just need to let the Tado take over the heating control once and then it becomes the primary controller. As I say I set the timer for my heating using my phone this morning and also switched it on and off manually?

I'll post a pic of the wiring when I can. Thanks

Cgas... as for the external control not working with the boiler this is what Worcester Bosch advised but the Tado does control it. I think possibly it is their own controller Wave which is not compatible. As I say Tado is working you just have to make sure it is constant on but my experiment this morning may even have disproved that as it was working from the automatic setting. I'll investigate over the course of the week.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Every one of these boilers that I have encountered where "someone" has tried to fit external controls has had some kind of issue, usually its the pump that runs constantly or the the timings are erratic, WB say no other external controls can be used other than their tr2 (unless you tupperware it) chances are you will have constant problems but if you can live with the heating being erratic go for it.(y)

Thanks Picasso. I will keep you posted. Must say the guy I use for any heating issues I've been using for a number of years and is fully qualified and runs a successful business around the area I stay in. As for erratic heating timings I'll keep you posted but since last week the only issue as I said previously was the constant on reverting to automatic which at the moment is not now causing an issue.

Temperature in the house has been perfect and the time of the heating coming on and off. In fact Just tested it from a remote location and my wife who is at home confirmed the heating went on and went back off as I performed it.

So far really loving this system and if all stays the same would highly recommend Tado. Especially the auto location control. Will keep everyone posted.

As per my first comment alternate external controls just causes issues with the smart controller (with the yellow buttons) and that can't be removed
Edit: just to add they're not trying to sell u a wave controller as that won't work either!!!

Just an update on Tado Smart Heating. Had set timer on iPhone app for heating to come on at 4.30pm. Came home just before that and watched as the boiler sprang into life and heating came on as scheduled by phone. Still over riding any settings on boiler. Hopefully will continue to work this way as it is really neat! Thanks all

Hi Russell, do you have any wiring information for the Tado to the he plus, does it work OK now ? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back