Take back control: vote no deal?

The country is not broken and there is no guarantee that No deal means leaving with nothing.
We have rather good employment rates at the moment, we have very low interest rates and leaders on all sides ready to spend to protect the economy.
Brexit does indeed create headwinds due to unknown factors. These may delay short term capital investment.

The UK still has a lot going for it.
- We speak English, the most commonly spoken business Language and the No.1 choice as a second language
- Many global institutions are set around UK establishments
- We have sufficiently flexible Labour law to allow people to dynamically manage their business (you won't see global companies setting up offices in France and Germany too quickly due to the labour laws).
- We are culturally very good at seeing our weaknesses.
- we can manage our currency.

Sponsored Links
But should we have pulled off the plaster?

Whats your solution to resolving Brexit and the wider economic issues.
No we should just leave it on and let the festering get worse (n)

No we should just leave it on and let the festering get worse (n)
Indeed, that is what the remainers in parliament are waiting for.

no deal has to get to breaking point, at that point moderate leavers and remainers will join force.

bye bye no deal

Sponsored Links
The country is not broken and there is no guarantee that No deal means leaving with nothing.
So is that what you now aspire to?

Something slightly better than nothing?

How does that compare with what we already have?

What are the actual benefits quitters promised us?

We have rather good employment rates at the moment, we have very low interest rates and leaders on all sides ready to spend to protect the economy.
Brexit does indeed create headwinds due to unknown factors. These may delay short term capital investment.

The UK still has a lot going for it.
- We speak English, the most commonly spoken business Language and the No.1 choice as a second language
- Many global institutions are set around UK establishments
- We have sufficiently flexible Labour law to allow people to dynamically manage their business (you won't see global companies setting up offices in France and Germany too quickly due to the labour laws).
- We are culturally very good at seeing our weaknesses.
- we can manage our currency.

Thats all very good.

It does not address the quandry of trade agreements.

In a no deal scenario, its likely the EU will allow continuing trade in some form because clearly regulatory alignment will stay in the short term.

Say we do a bilateral agreement with USA, regulatory agreement stops. We become a third country. Checks at borders blah blah blah.

And the idea of a G7 country leaving preferential terms in a major block and going to WTO, is not doable without significant damage.

Thats where Brexit fails. You simply cant leave a huge trade alliance and start with nothing. The UK has almost no experience in this area.

Thats what leavers have not considered. It isnt the leaving the EU, its the destination that creates the problem.

Its the BBC :LOL: does anyone take them serious these days ? Pushes more agendas than the rest put together :rolleyes:

I totally agree.

The truth can only be found by reading the Daily Mail or listening to Rees Mogg :ROFLMAO:

I totally agree.

The truth can only be found by reading the Daily Mail or listening to Rees Mogg :ROFLMAO:
Thats the trouble these days, i can honestly say i take everything i read/hear with a pinch of salt no matter where it comes from. Might be getting cynical in my old age but hey ho.

Sponsored Links
Back