Taking out tiles to tie ladder to batons

You dont need to tie to a rafter. You can't even do that as the felt is covering it. :rolleyes:

You are not trying to prevent the ladder being ripped away by the arm of God. Tying to a batten is fine.

And you dont need to use the same rope as they use to dock the Queen Mary. A washing line will do

None of this is rocket science. Just tie to the ladder to what ever is there - move a tile, tie the thing.
'just tie the ladder to whatever is there' what a stupid statement.

Sponsored Links
I noticed this chap in Belfast last week. Obviously, the super secure ladder tie will also support his work shirts in the next hurricane that passes by.

But I think it's his very first job. Bless.

foto_no_exif (4).jpg

Sponsored Links
looks like thats a bit of 25 x 50 snapped up there......is that ladder on its way down too?

I basically asked this for general access and ladder safety in general but was enthused to ask it from having to paint on this house. A roofer chap said he will help me tie some scaffold planks from a mitower to roof below window on right hand side. Will use mitower for rest of house too
DSC_0200.JPG

Was sent these. Look a bit diy to me though. I saw a mitower other day and it looks more solid. Any opinions

Attachments

• CantileverTowerTips.pdf
    267.5 KB · Views: 286
Ladders 999 alright.

You'll be needing an ambulance to either scrape you up off the floor, or transport you to the nut house when your nerves are shot from all that wobbling and shaking.

Ladders 999 alright.

You'll be needing an ambulance to either scrape you up off the floor, or transport you to the nut house when your nerves are shot from all that wobbling and shaking.

Yeah I thought those scaffolds look dodgy. I think rent a mitower is the answer. Rope on harness when walking on roof.

Just had a look at this thread. Lol.

Shove a tile up and tie around the batten. The ladder may or may not want to sway one way or tuther. A narrow nylon rope is ideal. Thick stuff is not. We are not talking about huge forces. Tie the top of the ladder to the cat ladder (as well as the batten) if you are using both.

We tie the ladder if we can be bothered, otherwise the 14st grafter stands on the bottom rung.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back