Talk talk wireless router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just ordered broadband with wireless router from talk talk. When I asked which router it would be, all they said was it was their own make and couldn't say if the security/encryption was WEP or WPA.

Does anyone have such a router and is it ok for security.

Cheers :?:

Sponsored Links
You'll have wait to see what turns up, because they could change supplies/suppliers at any time, but ISPs don't make routers, so it's probably something like a badged Netgear DG834g.

Whatever it is it's likely to be up to date in terms of WLAN features, so I would put money on it supporting WPA.

However, I would never recommend TalkTalk as an ISP. They're the worst of the worst. Cancel it now if you can.

Thanks Softus

Do you speak from experience or forum comments?

I have spoken to a few people who are on talk talk and after the initial launch blunders and volumes, they said it is ok......!

It is on a 30 day trial, so if its not up to sratch it will go back.

nowtaboutnowt said:
Do you speak from experience or forum comments?
Observation of my customers' experiences, i.e. the ones who don't consult me first. ;)

I have spoken to a few people who are on talk talk and after the initial launch blunders and volumes, they said it is ok......!
All of them are OK when everything is working! The point is that the good ones don't make launch blunders, and they sort out technical problems quickly and efficiently whenever they arise, which they inevitably do.

It is on a 30 day trial, so if its not up to sratch it will go back.
I would urge you to cancel now and get into contract with a decent ISP instead.

Sponsored Links
I'm with Pipex on their business tariff, not the cheapest but never had any outages apart from when builders cut through main backbone cable, or whatever the tech term is, in london. BT repaired it within about 4 hours though.

Sponsored Links
Back